Terms of Service
Thank you for choosing Singles Events Melbourne (www.singlesevents.melbourne). Singles Events Melbourne (which will also be referred to as “we” or “us”) provides its event ticket holders with an opportunity to meet each other at events hosted by Singles Events Melbourne. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using our services, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms. If you do not agree with the terms, you must cease use of this website immediately and we ask that you please leave our website. Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to review and change any of the terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. Any changes to the terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. There is legal action at the bottom of this page. We advise you read everything here especially the legal action section.
Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the terms by remaining on our website. You may also accept the terms by checking the box to accept or agree to the terms where this option is made available to you by Singles Events Melbourne on ticketing and account creation pages.
- Singles Events Melbourne may, from time to time, contact you about attending our events. The events will have a displayed age range for the event and you will have to be within that range to be eligible to attend. It is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase a ticket to an event for which you are within the appropriate age range.
- You will be provided with an opportunity to buy a ticket to events we hold. You acknowledge and agree that the purchase price for tickets to any event held by us are non-refundable and are paid in advance prior to the event taking place.
- Your place in an event cannot be reserved or confirmed until payment has been received.
- To attend a Singles Events Melbourne event you must be 18 years or older. We do not accept any website registrations for people under the age of 18.
- You may be asked for proof of age upon arrival to an event. If you refuse to show proof of age when asked, we will refuse your participation in any event and you may be banned from attending future events.
- We allow a 12-month leeway for the age specified for any event we hold. So if the age bracket is 30-42 and you are 29, you may attend as you are within the 12 months. As soon as you’ve reached 43, you are over 12 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- We allow an 18-month leeway in situations where if you are wanting to attend with a friend and you fall outside of the age range but are within 18 months of the age range of the event your friend is attending. So if the age bracket your friend is attended happens to be 30-42 and you are 28 and 6 months, you may attend with your friend as you are within the 18 months. As soon as you’ve reached 43 and 6 months, you are over 18 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- We allow a 24-month leeway for the age specified for any event we hold where all guests at the event are aged 40 and above. So if the age bracket is 40-52 and you are 38 or 53, you may attend as you are within the 24 months. As soon as you’ve reached 54, you are over 24 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- On extremely rare situations, Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to allow extra age leeway.
- For our Mature Speed Dating event only, we may sometimes allow a maximum of 1 male & 1 female to exceed the 24-month leeway. This is at our discretion and the request must be made prior to purchasing the ticket.
- If your wingman does not rock up to a Double Trouble event, you will cruise the night solo dating 1 person at a time.
- If we become aware that you have provided misleading or false details, you will be banned from attending any Singles Events Melbourne events and will not be issued with a refund under any circumstances. This includes the use of false names and/or providing an incorrect age/date of birth. Our decision to ban you from events is at our sole discretion.
- If you become intoxicated where you are being disruptive, you will be given 1 warning only. If you do not settle down and are still disrupting the event, you will be asked to hand back your match card and must leave the venue immediately. Venue security or police may be called if you do not leave immediately. We will still send you your match results.
- If you attend an event and simply walk out mid-event for no valid reason, you will be banned from attending events for a minimum of 6 months.
- If you feel uncomfortable at our event for any reason due to the venue or another attendee, you must immediately speak to a host and explain your reasons so that we can rectify the issue immediately.
- If you purposely make someone feel uncomfortable at any of our events, you will be banned for a minimum of 6 months.
- If you book an event and simply do not show up, we may refuse you at the next event you purchase tickets for. This is at our sole discretion.
- We do not screen or judge people based on their looks, size, race, religion, social skills or anything to this degree. People are people and you will meet all sorts of people no matter where you go (bar/club) or whatever speed dating company you use (us or our competitors). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and no matter how outrageous or unacceptable you think someone is, there is always someone else who absolutely loves their attributes. Everyone deserves the chance to find love and there is someone for everyone. If you disagree with this point, please leave our site immediately and do not purchase a ticket.
- Taking photos of, or filming our events from the inside or outside is prohibited unless you are a guest of the event and you are taking selfies with friends and with no one else in the background.
- We are not a matchmaking service with bogus algorithms. Instead, we facilitate events for single people to meet naturally and organically.
- Zero tolerance for aggression & negativity. If you are found to be aggressive or negative towards any of our guests, Singles Events Melbourne staff (pre, during, or post event), venue staff or other venue patrons that are there but not part of our event, you will be asked to leave immediately. Nobody wants, nor do they care for this type of behaviour on the night. Should you feel the need to express such behaviour on the night, you must remove yourself from the event and send an email to head office explaining your reasons for leaving. Please tell the host you are leaving. You will not receive a refund and you may be banned for life.
- If we become aware that you have been inappropriate, offensive, or abusive towards any of our guests, Singles Events Melbourne staff, venue staff or other venue patrons that are there but not part of our event, you will be banned for life.
- If we receive 2 or more complaints about you during any 1 event or several complaints in a series of 5 events, we will ban you from attending events for a minimum of 6 months and possibly life depending on the nature of the complaint.
- If you have left us a lie filled 1-star review on any reviewing website, or any type of negative review that contradicts the terms you have agreed to, you will be banned from attending events for life. Once you remove the review, we will lift the ban after 6 months. We remind you, please do not lash out on us because something has not gone your way. We are decent people and we urge you to just send us an email and talk to us.
- If you breach any of these terms, we reserve the right to remove your elite member status for life.
- CBD and South Eastern speed dating events will still proceed with a minimum of 8 couples. If we have 7 couples or less, we will postpone the event.
- West Side & East Side events will still proceed with a minimum of 6 couples. If we have 5 couples or less, we will postpone the event.
- After the event has finished, we do not contact other guests on your behalf for reasons such as passing your contact details etc.
- Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to offer discounts from time to time.
- Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to offer free tickets from time to time via Facebook competitions.
- If you have attended an event and received little or no mutual matches, Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to contact you and offer a 50% discount for you to attend the very next event following the event you attended. This applies only if you are within the age bracket. We will then create a discount code for you to receive a 50% discount. You must then purchase your ticket using the discount code.
- All event ticket purchases, as listed on the website, are delivered electronically and will be delivered immediately upon completion of a successful online payment or pay-by-phone payment.
- Paying by direct bank transfer online requires time and is not accepted within 5 days prior to any event. If you pay within the 5 days, we may not issue you with a ticket and if you attend the event without an issued ticket, we may reject you at the door.
- Paying by direct bank transfer at the bank requires only 24 hours prior to any event. You must TEXT us if this is how you wish to proceed.
- When filling out your details at checkout, you are essentially creating an account on our website in order to make the ticket purchase. These details must not be misleading and must be as accurate as possible.
- When purchasing tickets for your friends,
- Their details must not be misleading and must be as accurate as possible. Using your own details for your friend’s ticket is not acceptable. To have a ticket under their name, we need their FULL NAME | CULTURAL BACKGROUND | DATE OF BIRTH | EMAIL | MOBILE | POSTCODE.
- You must make them aware of these terms and send them a link to it.
- At any events where match cards are used, all match cards in its entire form are to be given back to the hosts at the end of the event. Failure to do so defaults all your dates as a “no” tick.
- A mutual match is when person A ticks “yes” to person B & person B ticks “yes” to person A.
- If you have ticked both “yes” and “no” to a person, this defaults as a “no”.
- If you have not ticked “yes” or “no” to a person, this defaults as a “no”.
- You may take a photo of your match card for your own reference. We recommend you do it too!
- Match results will be delivered to the same email that was used to purchase the ticket.
- Match results will be delivered within 24 hours of the event finish time.
- You will receive your matches first name, email, and mobile number.
- Your matches will receive your first name, email and mobile number. You can opt out of your mobile or email if you choose.
- If chosen to opt out of a mobile number or email, you must write it clearly on your match card, next to your name so we can read it when sorting our the matches.
- Once match cards are handed back and the host has left, no alterations are accepted unless it is of an important nature.
- Your match results email will be delivered to you and you only.
- Your stats of the night will be apart of your match results email.
Please understand that planning a Singles Events Melbourne event is a time-consuming process, which incurs costs to Singles Events Melbourne prior to an event taking place. Costs include venue hire costs, marketing costs, and others. Our team are rockstars and we do our very best to ensure that our guests are well looked after at our events so, in return, we need to be strict on the refund process.
- Only the purchaser can discuss refund options.
- If you have paid for a ticket to an event and cannot attend anymore, you are not eligible for a refund under the Australian Consumer Law. Instead, we, as a company are happy to give you a credit that can be used towards any other event in the future. The credit must be used within 3 months.
- If you have paid for a ticket to an event and you are a no-show, you are not eligible for a refund or transfer under any circumstances.
- Telling us you were in a car accident does not qualify you for a refund or transfer (we get this a lot). We do sympathize but we also need evidence of this misfortune. Please email us photos and of the smashed car and forward us the email you received from your insurance company when you filed your insurance claim. Once we receive these 2 items, we will happily transfer your ticket.
- Telling us you were sick does not qualify you for a refund or transfer (we also get this a lot).
- All dinner events are pre-purchased from the venues by Singles Events Melbourne. Should you cancel your attendance at a dinner event within 48 hours prior to the event, Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to consider your individual circumstances before processing any refund, up to a maximum of 50% of the ticket price. Where payments have been made to the venue, Singles Events Melbourne are unable to recover these costs and therefore cannot guarantee a refund.
- Wine Tours and Beer & Cider tours take great planning and we must pre-purchased to secure the bus & venues. Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to consider your individual circumstances before processing any refund, up to a maximum of 50% of the ticket price. Where payments have been made to the venue, Singles Events Melbourne are unable to recover these costs and therefore cannot guarantee a refund.
- Singles Events Melbourne work hard to ensure that every event has an approximately equal number of men and women. However, some people fail to attend an event even though they have accepted an invitation and paid for a ticket and situations such as these should not reflect upon Singles Events Melbourne as an events company. You will not receive a refund because someone else chooses not to rock up.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late to a speed dating event and have not notified us of your lateness prior to the event start, we may refuse your participation and you will not receive a refund.
- If you attend an event and have refused to show proof of age when asked, we will refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund.
- If you attend an event and do not have your proof of age with you, we will refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund, however, we will happily transfer your ticket to an upcoming party out of good will.
- After checking your proof of age and learning that you have misled us about your age, we may refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund. You may be banned for life as a result.
- Mere dissatisfaction with the people you meet at an event does not entitle you to any discounts or refunds and should not reflect upon Singles Events Melbourne as an events company. People are people and as much as you feel some people are unacceptable, they may feel the same way about you.
- Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to change venues on short notice. We rely heavily on the cooperation of venues and should a venue suddenly become unavailable, we must find a replacement venue to carry on with the event. Should a situation like this happen, it should not reflect upon Singles Events Melbourne as an events company as some things are simply out of our control. You will not receive a refund or transfer, however, consideration is taken if the new venue is more than 10 kilometers away from the original venue.
- Tickets to singles parties are strictly non-refundable & non-transferable for any reason.
- Should people walk out during the event for whatever reason you are not entitled to a refund of any sort, however, we are happy to offer a partial credit calculated by the cost of the event, divided by the number of dates on the night, times the number of walkouts. Please make this request via our contact form.
- If we become aware that you have been inappropriate, offensive, or abusive to other guests or Singles Events Melbourne staff, you will be banned for life and will not receive any refunds.
- If you have been asked to leave an event due to being aggressive or voicing negativity, you will not receive a refund.
- Should any of the above happen to you, this should not reflect upon Singles Events Melbourne as an events company. We set out the terms of service and by purchasing a ticket, you have agreed to the terms set out on this page. Please remember that.
Cancellations and Postponements
- Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to postpone any event for any reason before or during an event. We understand that our guests look forward to attending our events and that postponing an event can be extremely frustrating. Please be assured that we make every effort to ensure that all events proceed as planned.
- Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to cancel any event for any reason before or during an event. We would only cancel an event when we are confident that the experience for our guests would not be up to the normal high standard. Speed dating, as an example, relies on there being an approximate equal number of men and women and if there is a significant difference in the number of men and women, or there just aren’t enough people overall, then we prefer to postpone the event.
- If we are not able to fill an event we will either reschedule the event for another date, usually no more than 8 weeks from the date of the original event. This depends on the frequency of the event. Or we will happily book you into an alternative event using the credit we have applied to your account. You will be notified of the new date by email and/or SMS before the day of the original event (unless we have an unusually large number of people canceling on the day of the event in which case we will notify you on the day). If this new date is not convenient you will be offered the opportunity to wait for the next suitable event.
- Singles Events Melbourne may ask you for ID either at the venue or prior to the event commencing. If you are found to be more than the allowed age leeway for your event, Singles Events Melbourne reserves the right to refuse your participation in the event and a refund will not be issued. This will be considered as a first and final warning. Repeat offenders will be banned from attending future events for 6 months.
- In booking an event you understand that events are highly dependent on the number of attendees and that Singles Events Melbourne may, at their sole discretion, cancel an event. Where an event is cancelled, Singles Events Melbourne will try our best to find a suitable replacement event. You will be notified of the new event date through the email and/or phone number provided with your account. Where a new event is not possible, Singles Events Melbourne will credit the value of the event to your account to be used at a later date.
Legal Action Against Reviews
The entire team at Singles Events Melbourne works extremely hard to uphold a high standard. We will not tolerate slander or misleading comments & reviews on or offline that are written or spoken in an attempt to damage our reputation. Once you have purchased a ticket, you are bound by these terms as stated on this page. In saying that, should we find any comment or review anywhere on or offline that is false, misleading or has been written as an attempt to tarnish our business or reputation, especially when it contradicts the terms that you have agreed to on this page, we will take legal action against you which involves financial compensation. Think twice before leaving a false or misleading review anywhere. Instead, take ownership in what you’ve agreed upon and just talk to us! We are human like you and we are nice, caring people. If you are unsure of anything written on this page, contact us and we will explain your rights surrounding the terms set out on this page.
Waiver and Release
- I waive, release and discharge Singles Events Melbourne and the event sponsors from all claims or causes of action I may have arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (in so far as this does not breach the provisions of the relevant Australian Consumer Law) arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in any event.
- I agree to adhere to all event rules and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved route (in any event that includes travelling from venue to venue like our Double Trouble Speed Dating event as an example), observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event hosts. Singles Events Melbourne reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel my entry at any time, including without limitation for the safety of other guests or insurance reasons.
- I acknowledge that Singles Events Melbourne or the venue management may remove me from any event area:
1| on medical, health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person),
2| to prevent damage to any property,
3| if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive,
4| to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorized marketing.
- I indemnify and will keep indemnified Singles Events Melbourne and each event sponsor against any inappropriate conversations I may have with any other guests at any event as the event organizers have no control over guests conversations and are merely facilitators of an event that brings people together to meet.
- I indemnify and will keep indemnified Singles Events Melbourne and each event sponsor for the actions of any person that I may meet through a Singles Events Melbourne event.
- I release all rights to any photos or videos taken of me to Singles Events Melbourne for the use of advertisements only (i.e. to be placed on this website or social media to help promote the business). I also understand that Singles Events Melbourne will never sell or allow any other website to use photos that I’m in and should I see another website with said photo/s, I will notify Singles Events Melbourne immediately. I also understand that:
1| If I do not want my photo to be taken I can tell the photographer at the time of capturing and the photographer will not publish a photo where I can be recognised,
2| If I am posing for a photo I am giving the photographer consent to take the photo to be published as stated above,
- For any filmed event that we may hold for filming a commercial of any sorts, you are releasing all rights to the footage obtained at the event to us.